Choosing a title for your novel can be incredibly difficult. Although we want our book titles to be unique and clever, this isn’t necessarily the best way to sell books. The title of your book shouldn’t be an afterthought. It’s one of the most important aspects of your book if you want to sell copies to the right readers. Today, we’ll talk about what makes a good title, what you should avoid, and offer some tips on how to get there.
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- That your title should say what your story is about, but also needs to sell your book.
- That your title shouldn’t be vague and/or artistic.
- That your title should indicate genre.
- How to make your title recognizable and unique using Google word cloud searches and Publisher Rocket.
- How less can be more when it comes to titles.
- Why word choice matters and how those words can convey genre and tone.
- The way you can create double-meaning on theme.
- Why your cover, title, and synopsis are so critical to selling books.
Also, discover why Zach and J. think Ryan Holiday’s book is a must-read.
Send us your ways and hacks – https://thecareerauthor.com/waysandhacks/
How do you come up with your titles? Comment at thecareerauthor.com.
Thanks to all our Patrons.
Podcast sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://writinglife.kobobooks.com
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Want to work with us? Get the details at https://thecareerauthor.com/services/
The September Giveaway is up now! – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmIYVcr1UdWgSvYpb3Ol3xg
Three Story Method – http://threestorymethod.com
Molten Universe Media – http://www.moltenuniversemedia.com
Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/