How to Efficiently Work From Home
With many people forced to stay indoors as we fight through the COVID-19 pandemic, many writers are finding themselves with more time to write. Some are even getting to write full-time as their day jobs temporarily shut down.
Writing full-time and working at home possesses many challenges that people don’t think about. Today, Zach and J. talk about some of those challenges and give tips on how you can avoid the pitfalls of time mismanagement and distraction.
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why a dedicated space is important
- What rituals Zach and J. find sacred for productivity
- How the right music can fuel creativity
- Why scheduling tasks is crucial
- How to avoid procrastination and distraction
- Why communication is key
Also in this episode, learn a few ways you can work out from home with little to no equipment.
Send us your ways and hacks – https://thecareerauthor.com/waysandhacks/
Leave us a comment: With the changes in our daily lives due to Coronavirus, how are you handling your writing career?
Thanks to our Patrons.
Podcast sponsored by Kobo Writing Life – https://writinglife.kobobooks.com
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Want to work with us? Get the details at https://thecareerauthor.com/services/
The Career Author YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/thecareerauthor
Three Story Method – https://books2read.com/threestorymethod
Three Story Method Workbook – https://amzn.to/37SAR1a
Molten Universe Media – http://www.moltenuniversemedia.com
Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/
Make sure you tune in to our 2 special episodes coming up:
- On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 8pm EST, join us for a Netflix Watch party for one of our favorite “The Office” episodes – “Dinner Party” (episode 13 of season 4).
- You’ll need a Netflix account (you can get a free 30-day trial if you don’t have one), as well as the free Netflix Party Chrome extension that you can find here: https://www.netflixparty.com/
- Install Netflix Party and then visit https://thecareerauthor.com/netflixparty where we will post the join link. Once you click on the link at 8pm EST, you’ll click on the red “NP” icon now on your Chrome browser and you’ll be watching in sync with us PLUS we can talk to each other during the episode using the chat window. To participate you’ll need to be able to watch Netflix through your Google Chrome web browser.
- On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 8pm EST, join us for a live Q & A episode that we’ll publish as a bonus episode for all. Details for that will appear in next week’s show notes so make sure you save the date.