One of the most controversial and most discussed topics in the publishing world is what the future holds for bookstores, as well as physical books. J. and Zach discuss the future of bookstores and more:
- Some of the issues with running a news segment on The Career Author Podcast
- The importance of developing systems to increase your productivity and build a successful author career
- The new opening segment, J. and Zach’s Hacks, opens with a Google Calendar productivity tip
- Zach and J. take a close look at the article Can Barnes and Noble Survive?
- Why Amazon isn’t to blame for the potential closure of Barnes and Noble
- How the failure of Barnes and Noble echoes what we’ve seen with brick-and-mortar stores in other industries
- What this means for the future of bookstores as a whole + how independent bookstores can thrive in an increasingly digital world
- Is traditional publishing still advantageous for authors in a world without Barnes and Noble?
- What it takes to build an author career in today’s complicated marketplace
- J.’s cynicism of the so-called paper resurgence
- Take-home lessons for authors
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Can Barnes and Noble Survive? – http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/can-barnes-noble-survive/
Sell More Book Show Summit 2019 – http://www.sellmorebooksshow.com/summit