Handling negative reviews is an inevitable part of life as a career author. But what is the appropriate response? On this episode of The Career Author Podcast, Zach and J. dive into this topic and more:
- Barnes and Noble announces the new Barnes and Noble Press platform, which integrates their self-publishing dashboards for print and ebook formats so authors can manage everything in one place and offers new features, but these changes might not be such a big deal
- How Amazon’s emphasis on the customer experience has helped them edge out competition in the ebook world
- How J. and Zach treat one star reviews and reader feedback in general
- The harsh reality that handling negative reviews is an inevitable part of being a career author
- The strange mixture of annoyance and humor when a one-star reviewer clearly hasn’t read your book
- How not to handle negative reviews (hint: don’t ask your social media followers to downvote their review)
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
Special thanks to all of our Patrons!
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Choose Your News Stories:
Nook becomes Noble as Nook increases royalty rate and merges brands
YouTube Puts Away Their Wallet
Surprise: Google Play Jumps into Audiobooks