After going through the data from the recent Career Author survey, J. and Zach discuss the difference between “write to market” and “write to audience.” You will discover how the guys are shifting their own approach to the writing process and more:
- J. hits five years and over five hundred episodes of podcasting
- Five rules you can use to manage your personal finances more effectively + the importance of shifting to a more positive mindset
- What “write to audience” means and how it’s different from “write to market”
- Why understanding your audience, not your genre, is the most important element of a successful publishing career in today’s changing landscape
- The power of connecting with occasional readers rather than whale readers
- Some of the surprising lessons Zach and J. learned from their audience survey and how they’re going to use this knowledge to shape their business
- Practical advice for learning more about your own audience + why you shouldn’t rely on reader surveys
- How to compile this information into a reader profile
- How to use your reader profiles to shape your publishing plan and build a stronger author career
Plus, help shape the future of The Career Author Podcast by leaving your comments on the listener archetype below!
The Career Author Podcast is a podcast where co-authors J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon share their struggles and successes as full-time authors, advice for improving your writing craft, and honest discussions of what it takes to build a successful career as an author.
Thanks to all of our newest Patrons: Stephen, John Rindfleisch IX (upped pledge).
Get exclusive bonus content by supporting The Career Author Podcast on Patreon at www.patreon.com/thecareerauthor
Want to work with us? Get the details at https://thecareerauthor.com/services/
“Master Personal Finance.” The Ground Up Show with Matt D’Avella – https://open.spotify.com/episode/3dWzMSFrw3VTbo5WD53Hxr
Ads for Authors Who Hate Math: Write Faster, Write Smarter – https://amzn.to/2LXZV1a
2020 Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/
The May Giveaway is up now! – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author – http://www.thecareerauthor.com
The Career Author YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmIYVcr1UdWgSvYpb3Ol3xg
Story Levels – http://www.storylevels.com
Molten Universe Media – http://www.moltenuniversemedia.com
Events – https://thecareerauthor.com/events/